The Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC) is the leading professional organization promoting the advancement and commercial use of information and communication technologies, services, policies, and knowledge, to benefit its members and the people of the Pacific Hemisphere.
To realize its Vision, the Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC) motivates and enables its members to conduct trade in equipment, technologies, and services and to use the power of information and communication technologies (ICT) to improve the quality of life in the Pacific Hemisphere.
Specifically, the PTC will:
- Organize conferences, exhibitions, and other forums to promote the open exchange of information, ideas and views in the context of the commercial, social, economic, and other development needs in the Pacific Hemisphere.
- Bring together influential leaders from diverse backgrounds and locations to informally debate contemporary and controversial issues affecting the development and use of ICT.
- Encourage the research, development, and application of technologies, services and policies through our constituency of educators, governments, commercial organizations, non-profit entities and user communities, especially to overcome uneven development and competency divides.
- Grow an active diverse membership of experts and influential professionals committed to achieving our Vision.
- Monitor and address members’ needs and continuously create value for them.
- Develop the resources and capabilities needed to achieve our Vision in a sustainable manner.
- Promote widely the views, role and activities of the Pacific Telecommunications Council.